Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Two for the Show (1942)

Game: 1942
Released: 1986
Status: This game can beat itself, I'm not taking anymore harassment.
Rating: 4/10

WHY ARE YOU BEEPING AT ME?! Ya know, there's something about music, even in these old games, that can make it or break it. Part of some of the classic games being so good is that everything about them including the music is fun and good. This is not the case here. Beep, beep, beep. That's the soundtrack. One tone sporadically resonating over the pow, pow, bang of you shooting down enemy fighters.

The gameplay is alright if not dull from just having the same enemies over and over again. And you fly over such varied terrain as blue(ocean I would assume since your carrier is out there) and green(isles in the Pacific I guess). I don't think I want to play this anymore, and neither should you.







No comments:

Post a Comment