Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na (Batman)





Game: Batman
Released: 1990
Status: Did not beat it.
Rating: 4/10

The idea of a batman video game sounds like a good plan, but in execution has proved to be rather difficult. I want to swoop in, punch guys in the face, throw batarangs, drive the batmobile, and use all of my fancy gadgetry. It all sounds good, but until very recently there have been no batman games that anyone could say are more than mediocre and this is no exception. While it has high production value, they forgot to spend the time and money where it was needed, on the fun. When I play a platformer type game and I say jump, my character damn well better listen. Batman however is not impressed when I push the jump button. He will get around to it in his own sweet time. All of the controls just feel a little slow and when I'm fighting crime on the streets of Gotham, I need good reflexes. But I want to drive the batmobile and I want more toys to play with. Man I am whiny. We will see if the sequels can improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment